Frequently asked questions
"South Park ATV Frequently asked Questions"
How do I make a Reservation?
Call us at 719-836-3442, and we'll get you set up for a great time. If you need additional information, please don't hesitate to call or email us.
What do I need to Bring with me ?
It's a good idea to wear long pants (jeans), and a jacket.
As far as shoes, any type is ok such as sneakers, or boots.
Don't wear anything that you don't want getting dirty. Typically the temperatures are much cooler than lower elevations, or cities.
We start at an elevation of about 10,000 in elevation (almost 2 miles higher than sea level). (As a comparison Denver is the Mile High City, only about half the elevation of Fairplay, Colorado.) The rapid change in elevation can bring us up to nearly 14,000 in elevation. The weather can change quickly in Colorado !!
Additionally, when you're traveling in the mountains dress prepared. The ATVs have storage to bring extra gear, cameras, etc.
Bring a camera, video equipment, to capture some great footage of mountains, nature, and even wildlife.
- We provide Helmet and Goggles with every ride. Also a good idea to bring bottled water, unless you want to drink out of the stream, which is not recommended. Snacks, are also ok to bring along.
What forms of Payment Do you Require ?
- A major credit card is required to make your reservation.
Is there a cancellation policy?
- 48 hours in advance of your trip is required.
What times do the rides leave?
- Ride times vary throughout the day, by reservations. The trips meet at the Riverside Inn Hotel. After everyone gets signed up , and fitted with Gear, the adventure begins !!
Is a reservation required?
- Yes, reservations are mandatory. Make sure you reserve your trip early as the ATV rides are extremely popular during the summer months.
Is it fun?
- YES, it's extremely fun to ride ATVs. You will have the time of your life.
How old do you have to be to ride?
- 16 years and up can control their own ATV. Double rides need to be at least 10 years old (this is up to the discretion of the guide, for safety purposes).
Where are you Located?
- South Park ATV headquarters are located at the Riverside Inn Hotel in Fairplay, Colorado.
Is it customary to leave a tip with the Trail Guide/ how much ?
- Similar to tipping at a restaurant if you enjoyed your ride, please thank the guide.
Do I need to have previous experience ?
- No, you do not have to have any prior experience. South Park ATV can take almost any rider, even if you have not ridden before. The rides will be custom tailored the ability of the group. We've had many guests that have been extremely nervous, and did not have confidence in their abilities, but after instruction, and a little bit of practice, they had the best time of their lives. And glad they did it.